Thursday, September 18, 2008

TechCrunch50 overall report

Hi, I am Naoko.
Here is my overall description about TechCrunch50.

I flew into San Francisco from Tokyo on Sep.8.
This was the first time for me to visit TechCrunch.
Awaking all the day straight on the airplane, but still I have one more
day to be awake.
The Design Center is not very far, but a bit need to take taxi to get
there from our hotel.

The place is wide open space.
The registration was smooth enough to get in.
At that point, demo pit was crowded.
There were several types of convenient solutions, such as personalized
history record, matching users needs solutions, and image search.
As a user, I really like to use some of those service.
Yet, it was not clear enough what is their business model to me.

The session hall was a lot bigger than my expectation.
The capacity might be more than thousand people to be seated.
Each presentation was quite well prepared by using video and speeches.
I cannot imagine how much they made an effort for it.
At the same time, it was great opportunity to hear such big names of
expert commented on their services.
I personally liked Yossi Vardi's straight forward but with humor sort of
comments.

In the evening, it was freezing cold which I have not expected in San
Francisco. People says it is always windy and cold like this.
I needed winder jacket at night.
It was always quite hard to pick up taxi at the Design Center.

Suprising or not, it didn't end the day.
There were parties to wake us up unitl mid night even the event started
at 7:30 am.

Tired... because of jet lag, lack of sleep, and busy with business!

zoo...zoo..zoo

No comments: